The Oregon Employment Department named respiratory therapists on its list of in-demand occupations for 2014. This report found that as of 2012, there were 1,175 respiratory therapists licensed in Oregon, and annual job openings average 33 per year.
In addition, a recent report by the Employment Department revealed 37 current openings in Oregon for respiratory therapists. These job postings showed an average hourly wage range of between $21.33 and $31.32.
<!- mfunc feat_school ->
As of 2014, the Oregon Employment Department reported a statewide, average salary of $60,960, or $29.31 per hour for respiratory therapists. Further salary statistics for respiratory therapists during this time included:
- Respiratory therapists in the 10th percentile earned $22.73 per hour
- Respiratory therapists in the 25th percentile earned $25.85 per hour
- Respiratory therapists in the 50th percentile earned $29.87 per hour
- Respiratory therapists in the 75 percentile earned $33.80 per hour
- Respiratory therapists in the 90th percentile earned $36.18 per hour
Average, annual salaries for respiratory therapists in Oregon vary according to the region in which they were located, as of 2014:
- Multnomah/Washington: $65,057
- Benton/Lincoln/Linn: $58,838
- Coos/Curry: $60,105
- Jackson/Josephine: $56,982
Employment of respiratory therapists is expected to increase to 1,333 in 2022, an increase of 13.4 percent over 2012 employment numbers.
The region of Oregon with the highest projected increase of respiratory therapist jobs from 2012 to 2022 is Multnomah/Washington, at 18.5 percent, followed by the regions of Lane and Jackson/Josephine, both of which are expected to see the number of respiratory therapist jobs grow 12.4 percent between 2012 and 2022.
More information on the latest statistics regarding respiratory therapist salaries in Oregon can be found in the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) table below: